Balmoral Road Sports Complex update
GHG have been appointed to build and grow four multipurpose fields, including 2 cricket ovals for the Balmoral Road Sports Complex in Kellyville. The project collaboration with the TRN Group is underway and is due to be completed in December 2022.
The Sports Complex is located within the Balmoral Road release area, an area bounded by Old Windsor Road, Windsor Road and Norwest Business Park.
It has been determined that the Balmoral Road Sports Complex will include:
- Four multi-purpose fields including 2 cricket ovals
- Four tennis courts and two multi-use ball courts including lighting
- An amenities building containing change rooms, public toilets, a kiosk, storage and a meeting room.
- A separate building within the park will accommodate Council’s grounds staff and storage for sports clubs.
- A carpark will be constructed within the park for 245 cars spaces including 6 DDA spaces.
- Additionally, the park will include a playground, picnic facilities and a kick about area.
- Extensive shared pedestrian/cycling paths with lighting linking into the local trails network will also be constructed.
Environmental initiatives will include water recycling, the installation of low energy lighting and preservation and enhancement of the existing woodland on the eastern boundary of the park.
- Amenities building steel framework nearing completion
- Sports field lighting footings underground reticulation commenced
- Sub-base preparation for tennis courts completed
- Concrete pathway construction
- Foundation for tennis court lighting installed