Manly Foreshore & Esplanade Park Turfscaping
The Green Horticultural Group were engaged by Northern Beaches Council to undertake turfscaping works at Esplanade Park and Manly Foreshore during the Easter holiday period. These high profile areas experience extremely high traffic, creating many logistical and safety challenges.
The scope of works included the following:
- Installation of safety parrawebbing and pedestrian barriers
- Protect and create a buffer zone around the many heritage listed Norfolk Island Pines
- Cultivation of smaller and sensitive areas with a bunker rake
- Cultivation of larger areas with a Blecovator
- Blade level areas in preparation supply and lay of Kikuyu turf
- Hand finish areas as required
The project was delivered on time and on budget and GHG were commended by Council on the delivery and quality outcome of work. The areas have now established, giving the public both a safer and user friendly result.
GHG would like to thank the public that attended the areas for their co-operation and patience whilst works were underway, and Northern Beaches Council for this opportunity.