Hyde Park Turfscaping
GHG was appointed by City of Sydney to undertake turf renovations at Hyde Park and surrounding areas post the Festival of Sydney. The areas were heavily used by the thousands of visitors and exhibitors at the Festival, including the well publicised Stonehenge display.
These high use areas provided a number of challenges such as tight access, time restraints and heavy pedestrian traffic. GHG ensured all these challenges were overcome, resulting in the completion of the project on time, on budget and to the highest quality. The scope of works to the areas included:
- Erection of crowd control barriers
- Blecavate (cultivate) areas to a depth of 150mm
- Blade level surface
- Vertidrain aerate to a depth of 150mm
- Supply, deliver and lay kikuyu turf in maxi rolls
- Maintain newly planted turfed areas including water cart watering, mowing and fertilising.
The turf areas were opened up to the public ensuring all the patrons could once again enjoy the park and its surrounds.