Bluetongue Stadium Resurfacing
Green Horticultural Group were the successful tenderers to resurface Grahame Park in Gosford.
The field resurfacing had strict time constraints in order to be completely established for a Central Coast Mariners game on November 21. Works commenced on Sunday, October 3 and were completed in 11 days.
The basic scope of works was as follows:
- Remove approximately 70mm – 100mm of thatch and pug using our Field Top Maker
- Expose original sand
- Top up with spreading approximately 35mm of originally specified sand across the surface with our tracked Posi-Track
- Supply and install 200m of 40mm conduits across the field
- Remove, service and reinstall irrigation heads
- Laser level to +/- 10mm
- Spread and incorporate ameliorants and starter fertilisers
- Re-laser level to +/- 5m
- Supply, deliver and lay approximately 11,000m2 of washed Legend couch
After a period of only five days, the root growth was examined and shown to be 6cm into the sand. Green Horticultural Group will undertake extended maintenance of this new surface.
We thank Gosford Council for the opportunity to undertake this high profile project and for their professional approach to the project. They have been rewarded with a first class sporting surface.